Whether you are a professional barber/hairstylist or not, you will need shears to cut, trim, or texturize your hair. Equinox International manufactures high-quality professional-grade shears at affordable prices. They use Japanese stainless steel; it is one of the best quality of stainless steel in the world.
Most customers rate equinox shears at 4.5 stars and above. They are that good!
In this post, we will have a look at the top eight (8) equinox shear and their uses. I will take you through steps of identifying which pair of shears meets your needs.
Equinox Professional Razor Edge Hair Cutting Shears
For any hair enthusiast, this pair of shears, available here should be your number one choice. They are great for professional and home use. For the past four years, this pair has ranked top on amazon.com. You will never go wrong with Equinox professional Razor Edge Cutting Shears.
- Japanese Stainless Steel. The choice of the best quality stainless steel gives this shears a guarantee of sharp edges for many years. Japanese stainless steel does not rust or fade. The shears will look new for years.
- Ergonomic. The shears are comfortable to use for long hours. It makes the shears suitable for barbers and salon workers. The handle is comfortable to hold. Comfort gives the user confidence when cutting the hair.
- Comfortable Finger Holes and Finger Test. The finger holes and finger rest give comfort to all types of fingers. It ensures you have an easy time when using the sheers.
- Gold Painted Fine Adjustment Tension Screw. The adjustment screw allows a user to tighten or loosen the shears to their preference. Turning the knob clockwise will tighten the shears while turning the knob anti-clockwise will loosen it. The gold paint ensures the knob does not rust while giving shears an appealing look. The fine adjustment tension screw provides the user with the convenience they desire.
- They are packed in Lubricating oil to ensure that the shears remain in perfect condition before the sale. Equinox International package the oil painted shears in a plastic vacuum casing. You re advised to wash it in warm soapy water before use. Use a soft cotton cloth to dry.
- The design is comfortable to the hands
- Can be used by both hair professionals and non-professionals
- They are affordable to other brands in the market.
- You can adjust the tension at will.
- There are counterfeits in the market. Countercheck, the credibility of the seller before purchase.
Equinox Professional Shears Razor Edge Series – Barber Hair Cutting Shears
The design of these Equinox shears, available here, is up to a professional standard. They are very sharp, so be careful when you use them at home.
- Japanese Stainless steel. Just like the other equinox shears, these too are made from Japanese steel. The blades are sharp, durable, and rust-resistant. They remain sharp for a long time.
- Patented Design. Being the new kid in the range, The Equinox Professional Shears Razor Edge Series has a patented design. The design as arrived at after several years of experimenting. The design is comfortable to the fingers, giving the user full control and confidence when using them.
- Fine Adjustment Tension Screw. The screw as fixed with an adjustment feature. It enables the user to adjust to their desired tension.
- Lightweight. The shears are only 4.8 ounces. They are so light; hence, anyone can use them
- Versatile. The shears e used on all hair types. They can style men, women, children, and older people’s hair with ease. They do not catch hairs between the blades, hence, reducing hair clutters when working with them.
- They are cheaper than other brands in the market
- You can adjust the tension
- They are suitable for personal use or professional parlors
- The curved finger rest adds extra comfort
- They are very sharp; you can accidentally cut your fingers.
Equinox Barber & Salon Styling Series – Barber Hair Cutting Scissors/Shears
Equinox Barber and Salon Styling series are the ideal pair for starters. They will give you a great experience as you learn using professional shears. They are best for students in beauty schools.
- Ergonomic design. The shears feel comfortable on the fingers. The finger hole and finger rest allow the shears to cradle the fingers. The finger rest eases the tension on your muscles. The handle is easy to grip, allowing you to work with them for hours.
- Removable Thumb and Finger Inserts. The rubber inserts add extra comfort on the fingers and thumb. They prevent the singers from blistering. They also help in resizing the finger holes to fit different sizes of fingers.
- Surgical Grade Stainless Steel. The blades are safe to use at home. They will not cause any infections in case of an accident. The edges are hand-sharpened; therefore, they trim the hair evenly and with great ease. This single pair, if enough for personal use.
- Six Inches Long. The length is equally distributed from the screw to create equilibrium. You, therefore, use the shears without a struggle. It also makes it safe to use on babies, children, elderly, men, and women.
- Light in Weight. The Equinox Barber and Salon Styling shears weigh only 0.3 ounces. They are easy to lift and use. They are, therefore, best for training and practice.
- Removable Finger Rest. The shears mare fitted with detachable finger rest. You can remove or fix the finger rest whenever you feel convenient.
- They are user-friendly
- They are very affordable. Cheaper than most shears in the market.
- They are safe to use
- They trim hair evenly
- There are counterfeits in the market
- You cannot adjust the tension
- They are not professional standard.
Equinox Professional Razor Edge Series – Barber Hair Cutting Scissors/Shears – 6.5″
These shears are durable. The cobalt stainless steel remains sharp for ages. When you get it for personal use, you might never need to get them sharpened.
- Japanese 440c Cobalt stainless steel. The material guarantees durability. Its edges remain sharp longer than many shears in the market. The material is rust-resistant. It does not clutter hair between the blades giving a user a smooth experience.
- Ergonomic Design. The shears’ design increases comfort on the user’s fingers. The finger holes and finger rest allow the shears to cradle well on the fingers.
- 3-Inch Long Blades. It ensures the user cuts the hair with ease.
- Tension Adjustment crew. The tension adjustment crew comprise of blue chromium. It is embedded with white diamonds to add on the elegance.
- Finger Rests. The permanent finger rest gives comfort to the user’s fingers.
- You can adjust the tension to your convenience
- They can perfect as gifts due to their elegance
- They are rust-resistant
- They are easy to handle
Equinox Professional Shears with Finger Rest and Finger Inserts – Ice Tempered Barber Hair Cutting Scissors – 6.5 Inches
These professional shears are available here on Amazon.
- Ergonomic Patented Design. Equinox international settled on this design after experimenting and testing for many years. It cradles well with the fingers helping the user be in control of the cutting or trimming
- Removable finger inserts. The inserts help in adjusting the size of the finger holes. They are good at preventing blisters while using shears.
- Japanese stainless steel. The material ensures the blade remains stainless forever. The blades reduce hair cluttering giving the user a smooth experience.
- Comfortable Finger Rest. The finger rest adds comfort when using the shears. It enables the user to control the cuts with confidence.
- Hand Sharpened Edges. The edges are very sharp. They give smooth cuts.
- They are cheapest in the Equinox range of shears
- They are sharper than other shears of the same price in the market
- They are comfortable and easy to use
- They can cause split ends if not used properly
Equinox Professional Razor Edge Series – Barber Hair Thinning/Texturizing Scissors/Shears – 6.5 Inches
Equinox International designed this texturizing shears for people with thick hair. They are very useful at reducing the number of hair strands on the head.
If you have thick hair that is not easy to style, I would recommend this pair to you. Barbers and hairstylist should own a pair of Equinox Professional Razor –Barber Texturizing Shears to cater for clients with thick hair.
- Ergonomic design. Their handles are easy to grip. The shears cradle fingers perfectly. It allows the user to control the cuts confidently. Therefore, they are perfect for personal and professional use. The finger rest and finger holes are comfortable on the user’s hand.
- Japanese Stainless Steel. The shears material is Japanese 420C stainless steel. They have precise and evenly spaced thinning blades. Both blades are hand-sharpened to ensure they are uniformly sharp. The texture of the blades does not clutter hair between the thinning blades.
- Light in Weight. The shears weigh only 4.8 ounces. Anyone can use them comfortably.
- Adjustment Screw. The texturizing shears have a gold-painted tension adjustment screw. It allows a user to adjust the tension to their preference. The screw does not rust.
- Versatile. The texturizing shears are 6.5 inches long. It makes the shears fit for use on all types of head. They are safe to use on children and babies.
- They are cheaper than other brands available in the market
- They do not clutter hair between the blades
- You can adjust the tension
- They are great for beginners
- They are only useful on thick and dense hair. if you use these shears on less dense hair, the head will look bald.
Equinox Snake Style Professional Barber Scissors Luxury
Although the primary purpose of shears is to cut, the Equinox Snake Style Professional Barber Scissors Luxury is for elegance and luxury. They are a perfect pair to gift a barber or hair enthusiasts.
The Equinox professional designers make them from pure Japanese Stainless Steel. The designers of the shears were attentive to details. The final product has a Snake Skin pattern at the handles.
- Handcrafted Japanese Stainless Steel. It is to ensure there is attention to the most exquisite detail. Skilled professionals handle the task.
- Ergonomic Design. The finger holes and finger rest as well designed. They are comfortable for daily use. When professionally sharpened, they are useful in high-end barbers and salons.
- Tension Adjustment Screw. The Equinox Snake Style shears have a ruby-emblem tension adjustment screw. It is easy to tighten or loosen the shears.
- A Cleaning Cloth. The manufacturer packs a high quality cleaning cloth for your elegant snake style shears.
- A Thinning Barber Shears. The cutting shears are packed together with a snake style thinning shears.
- Tension Screw key. The key enables a user to turn the screw with ease. It also protects the ruby emblem from damage.
- Finger Inserts. The finger inserts protect your fingers from blisters while adding on to comfort.
- They are beautiful
- They are comfortable and easy to use
- You can adjust the tension to your preference
- They are cheaper than other Snake Style designs from other brands
- They do not rust
- The snake pattern can easily harbor dirt if not properly cleaned.
Equinox Mustache Scissors for a Beautiful Facial Hair Look
When designing shears, it is always wise to remember facial hair. Equinox international designed the mustache shears for all facial trimmings. Get control over your brows, nose hair, ear hair, eyelashes, mustache, and beard.
The pack contains two shears — one with a rounded tip and the other with a curved tip for safety.
- Round Tip and Sharp Curved tip. The round-tipped shears are best for trimming nose and ear hairs. It prevents you from injuries in the inner soft tissues of your nose and ears. Trim the rest of the facial hairs using the sharply curved tip shears.
- Ergonomic design. The handle and the finger holes are ergonomic; they do not strain your fingers when using.
- Lightweight. The shears are so light you cannot feel their weight.
- Multi-functional. These are among the few shears with varied uses. They cut, trim, and shape different facial hairs.
- Short Blades. The short sharp blades enable the user to maneuver the small areas of the face.
- They are packed in two pairs to ensure you take care of all your facial hair needs.
- They are safe to use in the inner ear and nose
- They are an excellent option for travelers
- They are rust-resistant
- They do not have a tension adjustment screw.
How to Choose the Best Shears to Meet Your Needs
There are many things you need to consider before buying any cutting, trimming, or thinning shears.
Different kinds of equinox shears have different prices. Evaluate your budget to know which of the shears you can afford. You can adjust your budget slightly upwards if the shears you need are beyond your budget.
Different Equinox shears serve for various purposes. Some are for cutting and trimming, others for thinning/texturizing. The intended use should determine the shears you buy.
There is a range of Equinox shears that serve the same purpose. All of them can fit personal use. However, there are a number of them that do not meet the professional standard.
Professional shears are slightly expensive compared to general-purpose shears. Therefore, a professional hairstylist should invest in the professional standard shears.
The length of the blade determines how the shears cut the hair. Longer blades are best for cutting and trimming. However, more stylish haircuts may need shorter blades to give a perfect final outlook.
Although all Equinox shears have Japanese Stainless Steel blades, there are different grades of steel. Each grade determines how sharp the blade becomes. Higher grades of Japanese Stainless Steel remain sharp for long. They are also expensive than lower grades of steel.
Each shear has a unique design. They are all made to ensure comfort on the fingers. However, other models are more comfortable than others. Choose a pair of shears you know will not strain you as you use. Relaxed fingers lead to confident and precise cuts.
Although this feature is absent n some shears, it is crucial to have them in your professional shears. As a hairstylist, you deal with different people who prefer different tensions. Having a pair of shears with an adjustable tension system will save you from purchasing many shears.
Understand your hair needs before purchasing any shears. A professional hairstylist should also check the quality and durability of the shears.